Since I have been sick and cannot seem to recover, and it's a dreary Sunday, I thought I would post some funny pictures. Hope these make you smile!
- cranquis: did you need a note to excuse you from your chef duties while you're sick, sir?
- patient: no, i don't think so.
- building fire alarm: weekly test suddenly starts blaring
- patient: oh no, i swear i wasn't cooking anything in here!
- cranquis: *splutters in laughter*
- cranquis: mrs. olderman, how nice to see you again! ready for me to take those staples out of the cut on your scalp?
- mrs. olderman (87 years old): oh doctor cranquis, how nice of you to remember me!
- cranquis: hey, i'm just glad you remember me -- you're the one who had the head injury, after all. *laughter all around*
- cranquis: so little anna's rash is still there, ever since i saw her for this rash 2 years ago?
- anna's mom: yes, it won't go away.
- cranquis: did you do the treatments and over-the-counter creams that i recommended?
- mom: no.
- cranquis: did you take her to see the dermatologist that i recommended to you at that visit?
- mom: no.
- cranquis: i see. (reiterates all the same information, writes it all down, gives a prescription med to use also, gives the dermatologist's phone number, discharges patient)
- --------next day-----------
- nurse: doctor, anna's mom is at the front desk to see you as you requested yesterday.
- cranquis: huh? i didn't tell her to come back here.
- nurse: she said you told her to go buy all the creams and treatments that you wrote down, then come back here so you could explain them all to her... um, doctor, you're gonna hurt yourself if you keep head-butting the doorframe like that.
- cranquis: your chart also says that you have blindness in your left eye?
- patient: oh yeah, it's because my eye has that problem, um, i forget the name -- it's like the name of a dessert.
- cranquis: um...
- patient: you know, that dessert, it's like a salad with coconut and fruit and whipped cream?
- cranquis: uh...
- patient: ambrosia!
- cranquis: amblyopia!
- both: *laughter*
And finally, a true story to make you laugh...
This was told to me by a friend a couple of months ago.
me: How are your children doing?
friend: They're fine. My son lost his first tooth today.
me: I'll bet he was excited.
friend: He was. I had to take him to urgent care (unrelated issue) and he was proudly telling the nurses and the doctor about losing his first tooth. While we were sitting in the room waiting for the doctor to return, he looks at me and says, "Mom, when my new tooth comes in, will it come in gold?"
me: *laughing and crying hysterically*