Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Just The Facts, Ma'am.




It's been a rough day. I was up all night experiencing tachycardia. I was a bit concerned about having a heart attack because women have vague symptoms. I had shoulder pain, but I also have vascular migraines, and the pain is severe and in my shoulder when this happens. I have also been sick and had congestion in my chest, which may have been part of what caused the tachycardia. My lungs may be working harder in order for me to breathe since I haven't fully recovered. (I'm a bit concerned that I have walking pneumonia at this point, but I have no insurance and I am hyperchemically sensitive to most meds, so even if I went to the doctor and got a prescription, there's a 95% chance that I wouldn't be able to take the drug anyway. So, I must persevere. This is the norm for me.) I also have panic disorder, which could be cause of the tachycardia. Things are changing around here, and for someone with OCD, changes, good or bad, are always difficult.

Doug's first day of work began early this morning. I admit that I am a bit sad because he's been home with me for two years. Today, I'm fending for myself and not doing a very good job. I am still not feeling well. I think I did too much yesterday, but I felt good yesterday, so I did the minimum and I'm paying for it today. YAY ME! *lol* So I'm trying to relax, which is also a bit futile. Once I'm done here, I'll put on some music to fit the mood for my book, which I will then take a dekko at and get done.

I have church tonight, and it's the Hebrew Marketplace event tonight. Hebrew Marketplace is our church's alternative to Halloween. Children can still dress up and get candy while learning about Jerusalem in 33 AD. The church also hosts games and a drama prior to the candy extravaganza. The children are happy and safe. I would go into Pastor Chuck's Halloween Message, but I'm tired.

I'm not trying to demean anyone who chooses to celebrate Halloween. I do understand it's difficult to keep your children from it because schools host parties and different events take place at school, but you should know what your children are a part of. There are also steps you can take by educating your children. You can encourage them to dress up as something they want to be when they grow up instead of a witch or vampire. It really isn't fair that their peers get to participate in school parties where they can wear a costume and get lots of candy. Do something special with your child or children at an earlier date so your child can have access to candy and be able to dress up without celebrating Halloween or the reasons behind it. If you don't want your children celebrating Halloween at school, talk to their teacher or the principal and keep them out of school that day. Take them to lunch or participate in their favorite activity with them.

As a personal choice, my husband and I don't celebrate it. That doesn't mean I'm going to lecture you if you do decide to take your kids trick-or-treating or you throw a Halloween bash. That's not what this is about. I use to celebrate it every year. The last year we celebrated it, we met a family at the Haunted Tunnel. They had five children. The man and woman had just gotten married and we just really hit it off with the family. We were in line together and at one point, two of the girls who wanted to go in got scared. We waited while their dad assured them that these were people in costumes, and because we waited, he paid our way in! If we had not been there that night, we would not have met a nice family. I think of them and pray for them every time I see the tunnel where the Haunted Tunnel takes place every year. But anyway, Doug used to take me to all of the haunted houses and other events such as this because I wanted to see if I could really get scared. It's ironic, really. I have more irrational fears, but I'm not scared of haunted houses. Yes, that's OCD for you.

Judgment House is coming up! I went to practice last night. Things are really coming along with that, and I'm as excited as our room coordinator! It's such a privilege to get to be a part of something that helped lead me and my husband to salvation. I thank God every year that Christ Temple Church decided to extend Judgement House for two nights; November 1st and 2nd, 2003. I still wish we extended it that long. Maybe there's someone like me out there who needs that extra two days in order to attend Judgment House.

My husband just sent a message stating that he was on break. I can't believe I've been up since nine! It's been four hours! I can't believe I'm still awake! I'm going to grab a snack and have a dekko at my book.

By the way, I did get a box of Tazo Zen teabags last week. I think I'm going to end up on a steady diet of chicken noodle soup and tea...

Hope everyone has a good day on this rainy fall afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment