Thursday, August 4, 2011

Seventy Confessions of a Redhead

1) Are your parents married or divorced?
We left February of 1982. I had to switch schools. We lived at my maternal grandmother’s house. The divorce was final in March or April. I remember feeling very alone, but trapped in two rooms with my mom and brother, and Lisa, who moved in with us. She had albums (records for you young people) and an 8 Track player. (I don’t expect anyone to remember those.) I always looked at her Aerosmith “Toys in the Attic” album. On the front, the toys were alive. There was a horse with a wild look in his eyes. Then on the back was a picture of the band sitting among inanimate toys. I felt very much like the picture on the back of the album. We moved out of grandma’s house around May because I was still in Kindergarten, ready to get out for summer break. I had my Kindergarten graduation. I rarely saw my dad. He died of AIDS on Monday, July 10th of 1995 at three in the afternoon.

2) Are you a vegetarian?
Mostly. I only eat bacon and steak, which most of my meals do not consist of.

3) Do you believe in Heaven?
Absolutely.

4) Have you ever come close to dying?
Yes, during an extended illness from 2000 to 2004. I don’t suggest it. Wasn’t fun.

5) What jewelry do you wear?
Wedding bands, earrings.

6) Favorite time of day?
Morning. I like the thought of first waking up and having solitude and then my ritualistic caffeine intake.

7) Do you eat the stems of broccoli?
Yes.

8) Do you wear makeup?
I used to not leave home without it, but at this point in my life, I'm anything but pretty.

9) Ever have plastic surgery?
No, but I’m having fantasies of a tummy tuck.

10) Do you color your hair?
Yes, only because I started going white at the old age of 22.

11) What do you wear to bed?
Matching pajamas or a tee shirt and work out pants.

12) Have you ever done anything illegal?
I think everybody has done something illegal like speeding, or ripping the tag off of furniture and pillows that says “Do not remove this tag under penalty of law” and you’ve removed it, and so have I.

13) Can you roll your tongue?
Sort of, but it's a genetic trait that neither of my parents possess. I think it’s a bit more vague than the cleft chin. That’s major. One parent has to have a cleft chin in order for one of their children to have a cleft chin. If one child has a cleft chin and the parents don’t, one or both of them are not the child’s parents. Amazing how genetics work, isn't it?

14) Do you tweeze your eyebrows?
It’s called waxing, and I don’t do it myself of I wouldn’t have any eyebrows.

15) What kind of sneakers?
Sketchers.

16) Do you believe in abortions?
Believe is such a wrong word for this subject. Abortions are not like fairy tales or Santa Claus, or even the Easter bunny. They’re not even something like a fairy tale or fantasy. Abortion is murder. There’s no sugar coating the subject. And don’t give me the rape argument because only 1% of pregnancy results in rape. Don’t blame the innocent child for something he or she had nothing to do with. Abortion kills God’s creation. A woman who chooses abortion could be killing the next world renown evangelist, or the doctor who has a cure for cancer or AIDS, or the next president. I want a baby. Maybe not immediately, but in the next four years. I couldn't imagine allowing a doctor to take my baby away from me.

17) What is your natural hair color?
Was a dark auburn.

18) Future child's name?
Not telling because I don’t want any of the four of them going to school in a class with ten other students who have the same name. I hated going through that and I won’t put my children through that.

19) Do you snore?
Only when I’m sick or having severe allergies.

20) If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?
Italy (Venice), England (London), Jamaica (anywhere there‘s culture or reggae)!

21) Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?
No, but there’s a real animal at the foot of my bed most of the time.

22) If you won the lottery, what's the first thing you would do?
I don’t play, so let’s say I entered a contest or was left millions of dollars in someone's will. I would tithe and give to my church, pay off some things and buy a car, and give some to help my family and friends.

23) Gold or silver?
Both.

24) Hamburger or hot dog?
Hamburger. Hot dogs give me migraines, unless I eat kosher dogs, like Hebrew National

25) If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Salad or Salmon.

26) City, beach or country?
Beach, mountains, Japan. *lol*

27) What was the last thing you touched?
This keyboard.

28) Where did you eat last?
At home.

29) When's the last time you cried?
So many times I've lost count.

30) Do you read blogs?
Oh yes. I suggest the Powder Room blog and RRASHM.

31) Would you ever go out dressed like the opposite sex?
No. Not the best idea in the world.

32) Ever been involved with the police?
No. Don’t want to. I’ve hardly seen a policemen who doesn’t misuse his or her position.

33) What's your favorite shampoo, conditioner and soap?
Shampoo: Garnier Fructis
Conditioner: Garnier Fructis
Soap: Face: Neutrogena Bar
Soap: Body: Soft Soap in Coconut Scrub or Heavenly Vanilla; Caress; Clean & Clear Mango Tangerine; B&BW Raspberry.

34) Do you talk in your sleep?
Only when I’m stressed.

35) Ocean or pool?
Ocean, cleaner than pool. Scary huh?

36) What's your favorite song at the moment?
I’m craving Techno, and I’m talking the whole DJ Booth type of thing, real techno, the faster, the better. And of course, reggae.

37) What happened to number 37?
It’s right here, now ask the question.

38) Window seat or aisle?
In the words of Dustin Hoffman on Rain Man, “No fly.”

39) Have you every met anyone famous?
Wow. I go to Christ Temple Church. You tell me.

40) Do you feel that you've had a truly successful life?
Yes. In 34 years the most successful thing I’ve done with my life is giving it over to the Lord.

41) Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it?
Twirl.

42) Maury or Oprah?
I don’t watch very many talk shows just Dr. Phil.

43) Basketball or Football?
Football is more exciting. Basketball is more fun.

44) How long do your showers last?
Five to seven minutes. Not a typical woman.

45) Automatic or do you drive a stick?
I’m better at an automatic, but I can drive a stick.

46) Cake or ice cream?
Cake with rich icing (has to be white icing) to dip my plain potato chips in it.

47) Are you self-conscious?
Completely.

48) Have you ever drank so much you threw up?
No. I can’t say I have.

49) Have you ever given money to a beggar?
A beggar? I’ve never heard of a homeless person being called a beggar. That’s kicking it Old and New Testament right there. *lol* Yes I have.

50) Have you been in love?
I didn’t fall in love, I just stepped in it a few times.

51) Where do you wish you were?
College.

52) Are you wearing socks?
No.

53) Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
Repeatedly.

54) Can you tango?
No. I like-a do da cha cha.

55) Last gift you received?
It's been a while.

56) Last sport you played?
Softball/Basketball.

57) Things you spend a lot of money on?
Probably food and fuel.

58) Where do you live?
In a VAN down by the RIVER! (Just kidding.) Huntington.

59) Where were you born?
Ironton, Ohio.

60) Last wedding attended?
Amos & Crystal's wedding.

61) Favorite fast food restaurant?
Subway, eat fresh.

62) What should this question be?
Have you prank called anyone? “You don’t know me, but I know where you live…”

63) Most hated food?
Hominy. Lima Beans. Any of the cream vegetables.

64) What's your least favorite chores?
Broom and vacuuming.

65) Can you sing?
Yes.

66) Last person you instant messaged?
It's been a while on that too.

67) Last place you went for a holiday?
Bill and Freda's.

68) Favorite regular drink?
I’m loving the blackberry iced tea at Ruby Tuesdays and the wild berry tea at Wendy's.

69) Current Crush?
Orange.

70) How do you feel about the person who tagged you?
I wasn’t tagged outright.

Me swinging on the porch of my old house.

No comments:

Post a Comment